Know your rights
It is very important that you know and understand your rights as a consumer, whether through Seguros sin Barreras or directly with an insurance company.
You have the right to:
- Be assisted by someone with an insurance license from your state when explaining your coverage to you.
- Ask for proof of the insurance license of the state where the agency or broker that you're buying your insurance from is located.
- Know the name and all pertinent information about your insurance company.
- Ask your representative or broker all the questions you have regarding the policy you're about to buy.
- Obtain copies of all documents related to the insurance policy you bought through Seguros sin Barreras.
- Ask for a certificate of temporary coverage the moment you obtain your insurance policy.
- Know all the charges you will incur in depth.
- Know all the payment plans offered by the insurance company of your choice.
- Know all the discounts for which you may qualify, with the insurance company of your choice.
- Make changes to your policy's coverage when necessary.
- Ask for proof that your agency or broker transferred your first premium to the insurance company.
- Call your representative or broker after having bought your policy to guide you through the process.
- Be assisted with respect and friendliness.
- Cancel your policy at any point without additional charges.